All images © V&V Maguire Rajpaul
Last update: 2018·02·03
A bit about me
I'm from Cape Town but currently based in Oxford, UK. I love taking and making photos. By day I'm a Rhodes Scholar and astrophysicist, soon to be Norman Lockyer Fellow (Royal Astronomical Society) and Research Fellow at Emmanuel College, Cambridge.
Prints, licensing and commissions
Please get in touch for more information.
Some recent things
- Victoria and I were joint winners of the University of Oxford's Graduate Photography Competition (2017)
- Work exhibited at UNESCO HQ in Paris (Alfred Fried Award, 2016)
- Judge: University of Oxford Stargazing photography competition (2016)
- Winner: Citizen Photographer of the Year 2014 (Nikon/Picture Editors Guild 2015)
- Work featured in the University of Oxford's print and online publications (2014-16)
- Runner-up: Travel Photo of the Year (Wanderlust/The Independent, 2015)
- Work exhibited in gallery at Destinations Show in Manchester and London, UK (2015)
- Short-listed: University of Oxford graduate photography competition (2014, 2015)
- Photos published in Stories of Music book (2015)
- Photograph published in British Red Cross photobook (2014)
- 8-week feature in the Oxonian Review (2014)
- Work featured by The Nature Conservancy (2013)
- Finalist: Hueman Photography Contest (2012)
- Work exhibited at Dawn Breakers International Film Festival in Switzerland (2012)
- 2nd place in Dodge-Chrysler Inspired By You contest, with exhibition at Chrysler HQ in Michigan, USA (2012)
- Work featured in National Geographic editor's selection (June 2012)
Alex Webb, Vivian Maier, Mikhael Subotzky, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Benoit Paillé, Stephen Shore, ...